Friday, May 20, 2011

Kelly's on a road to nowhere, come on inside

This post will be a monumental disappointment. I won't even pretend to up-sell. Girl's tired.

Those of you in the know are aware that I'm en route to my brother's wedding in NC. Those of you who really know me know that when I say there's no itinerary, I mean "heading south" is about all I've planned. I'm hoping (for both our sakes) something awesome happens along the way.

***

You know how you're supposed to listen to that little voice that tells you the truth you don't want to hear? Well, as I got the last of my crap into my car I noticed it was 4 p.m. On a Friday. Heading toward Boston. Hmmm. "This will suck," says the little voice. "Eh, it'll be fine. I have music and a good attitude," I say. "You're delusional," says the little voice.

Little voice wins.


Exhibit A 
Exhibit B



And I hadn't even gotten anywhere impressive. I had to kill time at the 99 near Lowell. But then back on the road.

The sun made a glorious appearance after 715 days of rain. I'm sorry to report it was shining only over Worcester.

I figured I'd stay in southern Connecticut somewhere, but every time I saw a lodging sign coming up at an exit, I thought, further. Eventually I saw an enormous sign welcoming me to New York. Oops.

I eventually pulled over at the friendliest-looking on/off exit. I had to look at the hotel materials in the room to figure out where I was. Fishkill. Say what? I decided to see where that is, but the Interwebs are not so good here, so all I see is this:

 
Thanks, Google Maps.

But while I wait for the Web to come around, I have lots of time to study the deep, sophisticated art at the Ramada.



Go ahead. Envy the shit out of me.

Fun facts about Fishkill, NY:

  • Home of Camp Mariah 
  • Also home to Fishkill Correctional Facility

That is all.

-k.











No comments:

Post a Comment