Thursday, May 13, 2010

Of all the homes I've loved before . . .

I'm moving . . . again. Fer cryin' out loud, I'm effing sick of moving. It got me to thinking about how many times I've moved/places I've lived . . .

Georgetown
8th floor Brown, UMASS
6th floor Brown, UMASS
Gorman, UMASS
Wheeler, UMASS
Silver St, Sunderland
Hitchcock Rd, Amherst
Meadow St, Amherst
Elm St, Hatfield
Montague Rd, Amherst
Meadow St, Amherst (2)
Georgetown (2)
Verdun St, Dorchester
Wisteria St, Salem

Then Kelly moves to New Hampshire . . .
High St, Somersworth
Canal St, Somersworth
Kent Place, Newmarket
Bennett Way, Newmarket

This will be my 16th move, 17th "home." I'm too old for this. You'd think it would help with my new quest to get rid of all my stuff. But it's slow going. This week, however, I have been scanning old documents into my computer. Pretty exciting. All the stuff I can't part with--old reviews from previous jobs, vet documents for Charlotte the cat, who died more than two years ago. That actually brought me to tears as I scanned. Bah, crying while scanning the paperwork listing her euthanasia. Some wounds run deep. Don't tell Millie the cat, but Charlotte was the love of my life. -k.

No comments:

Post a Comment